Who should be bonded? (Typical permits/licenses issued by a city government)

Virtually every business or profession which deals with the public is a potential candidate for license and permit bonding.  The following is a list of the License & Permit Bonds that are most commonly required by local governments:

General Contractor *
Painting Contractor *

Electrical Contractor *
Plumbing Contractor *

HVAC Contractor *
Excavation Contractor *
Sign Contractor

Driveway / Highway Permit

Concrete Contractor

Second Hand Dealer

Pawn Shop

Security Guard / Merchant Police

*Most common types of bonds required by municipalities.  Every city, town, village, or other municipality should have these bonds.  If your municipality requires licenses or permits of occupations other than those listed, you may consider enacting bond requirements of them also.