I have a probate bond in force. How do I cancel this bond?

Generally, probate bonds cannot be cancelled by the surety or the principal.  Instead, the court must provide a release or discharge of liability to the principal and the surety on a probate bond.  We suggest you consult with the principal’s attorney for advice on how to obtain a release or discharge from the court for the bond.